Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Paid] 2D character animation for serious fighting game
kupo15
Post [Paid] 2D character animation for serious fighting game
on: July 17, 2015, 17:02

I have been developing a 2D fighting game for about 3 years now. Recently a super talented comic illustrator joined our team and created a stunning art style that we are now running with. He was also planning on doing animations but recently due to personal reasons he has to unfortunately take a back seat role and we are looking for someone to fill his shoes. The positions we are looking for are:

I will be accepting applications until 7/26 but please send applications until I officially close this thread

frame by frame hand drawn animators
clean up artists
coloring artists

The fighting game is in 1080 resolution so the character art is HD as well, around 400-500px tall. We are looking to create an animation pipeline (line drawing/animator, coloring, cleanup artist etc) as the scope of the project is too overwhelming for one person to handle themselves.

Qualifications:
Here are links to the current artist's works that he gave me to interview for the job.

This is an animation test he showed me

Here are the characters that he has done for us so far as these are the in game versions that will need to be animated and colored. The style is cell shaded anime-ish.

IN GAME VERSIONS

The animation style can't be 100% traditional like Disney (look how weird Aladdin for Genesis looked). The animation style is based off of Smash bros Melee's animations but in 2D handrawn form. If you are applying for the animation position you must be able to handle the level of detail in these characters. Also here is a sample animation that he did.

Keep in mind the level of animation detail he did is way too high. The frame rate is too high and too smooth and the extra detail of the beard swinging is not necessary either. This is around 30 frames when it only needs to be around 12 as my keyframing work only had 9 frames

This position is paid and we have a decent budget to get this game to demo. Upon a successful demo we are going to Kickstarter to fund the rest of the game, however the game has already garnered significant attention as I am aligned with a publisher that can get the game on the PS4 if the demo can wow Sony. Here is the main page of the project that shows the game play in the prototype version we have now.

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=589973?st=0

If you can fill the position we are in need of and we can create an amazing animation pipeline to make this demo a success you will have a steady job for several months after this demo is finished.

This is a serious project so serious inquires only.

Please send me an email if interested at lemmelmatt@gmail.com with your best works from your portfolio that shows me that you can handle the scope of this game with which job of the animation pipeline you are interested in filling.

Thanks

gothambrow-
ny
Post Re: [Paid] 2D character animation for serious fighting game
on: July 10, 2016, 06:29

Greetings there!! Hello !! Hope you are doing well , i would like to work on this project , doing animation from last 8 years and it would be pleasure to work with you and give my best services for the work. Hope to hear from you soon.

with best
Gotham
gtmfzd@gmail.com

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.051 seconds.