Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question about combining animation and live action
bobbymadde-
n
Post Question about combining animation and live action
on: December 19, 2016, 15:30

I'm new to this forum and this is a pretty basic question, not strictly animation-based but I would really appreciate an opinion! 🙂

Me and three others are making a project for college which will combine animation and live action. There are two main characters: one is an actual actor, and the other will be an animated character, and they will both interact with each other when the film is finished.

My question is, should the dialogue for the animated character be recorded at the same time (offscreen) as the "real" character in the movie, or should it be recorded in a studio and added in later? What method is usually used in this situation?

If we choose the second option, would it not be difficult to get the timing right between the two voices (recording it so that there is the right length of pauses between each person's dialogue, etc). Would it sound unnatural as they have been recorded at separate times? Basically, which one would require the least work to get it to flow right and sound natural?

Thanks!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.044 seconds.